The Mexican Workshop on Particles and Fields (MWPF) is a biennial meeting organized by the Division of Particles and Fields of the Mexican Physical Society designed to gather specialists in different areas of high energy physics to discuss the latest developments in the field. The XVI edition of the MWPF will be held in Puerto Vallarta, México from October 22nd to 27th, 2017. Puerto Vallarta is a touristic city on the pacific coast of México. It has wonderful beach with direct flights from many cities in México and abroad.
The topics to be covered in the XVI MWPF are:
I. Physics Beyond the Standard Model (BSM)
- Beyond the Standard Model (theory and experimental searches).
- Dark matter and dark energy.
- QFT fundamentals.
II. Hadronic Matter (HM)
- Perturbative QCD, Jets and Diffractive Physics.
- Hadronic Structure, soft QCD, Spectroscopy.
- Heavy Ion Collisions and Soft Physics at Hadron Colliders.
- Lattice Results.
III. Flavor Physics (FP)
- Quark masses and mixing.
- Electroweak Symmetry Breaking.
- Heavy quark physics.
- Neutrino physics.
- CP violation, CKM and rare decays.
There will be a set of plenary invited one-hour review talks, thirty minutes contributing plenary talks, twenty-minutes contributions to the parallel thematic sessions (BSM, HM, FP) and contributions to the poster session.
NATIONAL ORGANIZING COMMITEE
- Arturo Fernández Téllez (BUAP, General Chairman)
- Eduard de la Cruz Burelo (CINVESTAV, General Co-Chairman)
- Eduardo de la Fuente Acosta (U de G, LOC-Chairman )
- Irais Bautista Guzmán (CONACYT, BUAP)
- Mario Rodríguez Cahuantzi (BUAP)
- Juan Barranco Monarca (UGTO)
- Salvador Carrillo Moreno (IBERO)
- Ivan Heredia de la Cruz (CINVESTAV)
- Pablo Roig Garcés (CINVESTAV)
- Karen Salomé Caballero Mora (UNACH)
Local Organization Committee (LOC)
- Eduardo de la Fuente Acosta (U de G, Chair)
- Liliana Vazquez Mercado (U. de G.)
- Jose Luis Garcia Luna (U. de G.)
- Janet A. Torrealba Garcia (U. de G.)
- Guillermo Garcia Torales (U. de G.)
IMPORTANT: Deadline for registration and payment: September 10, 2017.