The Mexican Workshop on Particles and Fields (MWPF) is a biennial meeting organized by the Division of Particles and Fields of the Mexican Physical Society designed to gather specialists in different areas of high energy physics to discuss the latest developments in the field. The XVII edition of the MWPF will be held in León Guanajuato, México from October 21st to 25th, 2019.
León is the biggest city of the state of Guanajuato, with a strong industry, particularly the manufacturing of leather articles. León offers a broad of culture activities but more importantly the XVII edition of the MWPF will coincide with the last week of one of the most famous cultural festival of Mexico, the Cervantino Festival https://festivalcervantino.gob.mx
León Guanajuato, located 500 kilometers northwest of México City, is accessible by direct flights to many cities in México and abroad or by bus.
The topics to be covered in the XVII MWPF are:
I. Physics Beyond the Standard Model (BSM)
- Beyond the Standard Model (theory and experimental searches)
- Dark matter and dark energy.
- QFT fundamentals.
II. Hadronic Matter (HM)
- Perturbative QCD, Jets and Diffractive Physics.
- Hadronic Structure, soft QCD, Spectroscopy.
- Heavy Ion Collisions and Soft Physics at Hadron Colliders.
- Lattice Results.
III. Flavor Physics (FP)
- Quark masses and mixing.
- Electroweak Symmetry Breaking.
- Heavy quark physics.
- Neutrino physics.
- CP violation, CKM and rare decays.
There will be a set of plenary invited one-hour review talks, thirty minutes contributing plenary talks, twenty-minutes contributions to the parallel thematic sessions (BSM, HM, FP) and contributions to the poster session.
- Eduard de la Cruz Burelo (CINVESTAV, General Chairman)
- Salvador Carrillo Moreno (IBERO, General Co-Chairman)
- Mauro Napsuciale Mendívil (DCI-UG)
- David Delepine (DCI-UG)
- Pablo Roig Garcés (CINVESTAV)
- Juan Barranco Monarca (DCI-UG)
- Argelia Bernal Bautista (DCI-UG)
- Carlos Vaquera Araujo (DCI-UG)
Col. La Martinica CP 37500
In the Payment Information Section and Registration Fee link, you will find all the needed information and link to make the registration fee.
IMPORTANT: Deadline for fellowships: September 27, 2019.