The Mexican Workshop on Particles and Fields (MWPF) is a biennial meeting organized by the Division of Particles and Fields of the Mexican Physical Society designed to gather specialists in different areas of high energy physics to discuss the latest developments in the field.
The XV edition of the MWPF will be held in Mazatlán, México from November 2 to 6, 2015. Mazatlán is a touristic city on the pacific coast of México. It has beautiful beaches and is located 650 miles northwest of México City, with direct flights from many cities in México and abroad.
The topics to be covered in the XV MWPF are:
I. Physics Beyond the Standard Model (BSM)
- Beyond the Standard Model (theory and experimental searches).
- Dark matter and dark energy.
- QFT fundamentals.
II. Hadronic Matter (HM)
- Perturbative QCD, Jets and Diffractive Physics.
- Hadronic Structure, soft QCD, Spectroscopy.
- Heavy Ion Collisions and Soft Physics at Hadron Colliders.
- Lattice Results.
III. Flavor Physics (FP)
- Quark masses and mixing.
- Electroweak Symmetry Breaking.
- Heavy quark physics.
- Neutrino physics.
- CP violation, CKM and rare decays.
There will be a set of plenary invited one-hour review talks, thirty minutes contributing penary talks, twenty-minutes contributions to the parallel thematic sessions (BSM, HM, FP) and contributions to the poster session.
National organizing committee
- Mauro Napsuciale Mendívil (DF-UG, Chairman)
- Arturo Fernández Téllez (FCFM-BUAP).
- Pedro Podesta Lerma (FCFM-UAS).
- Ildefonso León Monzón (FCFM-UAS).
- David Delepine (DF-UG).
- J. Lorenzo Díaz Cruz(BUAP).
- Eduard de la Cruz Burelo (CINVESTAV-DF).
- Mariana Kirchbach (IF-UASLP).
- Alfredo Aranda (UCOL).
- Saúl Ramos (IF-UNAM).
- Adnán Bashir (IFM-UMSNH).
- Alexis Aguilar Arévalo (ICN-UNAM).
- Salvador Carrillo Moreno (UIA).
- Karen Salomé Caballero Mora (UNACH).
- Maria Elena Tejeda Yeomans (UNISON).
Local organizing commitee
- Pedro Podesta Lerma (FCFM-UAS, Chairman).
- Isabel Dominguez Jimenez (FCFM-UAS).
- Edgar Alejandro León Espinoza (FCFM-UAS).
- Juan Antonio Nieto García (FCFM-UAS.
All participants, except for students granted with a fellowship, must book their rooms directly to the hotel. There are preferential rates for the participants in the all inclusive modality (see the conference portal for details)